Overview: Lifting equipment are defined as “gears utilized at work for lifting and bringing down burdens and incorporates connections utilized for securing, settling or supporting the load.” Such a definition covers an extensive variety of equipment including; cranes, vacuum lifting cranes, lifts, scissor lifts, forklift trucks, traveler lifts, elevating platforms, vehicle inspection platforms, vehicle tail lifts, and so forth.
How to safely use lifting equipment:
- In order to lift heavy loads the lifting equipment should be of adequate strength and stability.
- Safe loading and lowering practices must be mentioned with each every lifting equipment in form of instruction manuals.
- The accessories related to the lifting equipment or used in lifting must have adequate strength.
- Equipment must:
- Ensure that the people using it are safeguarded from any sort of accident on site like being crushed, struck or trapped;
- Have devices and accessories to prevent falling of carrier;
- Ensure the safety of anyone who gets trapped in the carrier, and that he can be freed from it.
- The positioning of the equipment must be done properly in order to:
- Minimize the risk of someone getting struck; and
- Protect someone if falling down a shaft or hoist.
- The operations must be:
- Properly inspected and supervised; and
- Organized by a competent person or authority.
- Thorough inspection of the lifting equipment should be done by a competent person for any defects:
- Before its considered to be used in service;
- With proper installation and before using it, as safety relies on proper installation; and
- From time to time during service.
- When exposed to certain conditions where deterioration is likely to occur that would result in critical conditions, equipment should be thoroughly examined:
- If it’s a lifting accessory or carrying device than every 6 months; or
- Every 12 months in other cases.
- By some relevant and competent authority at regular intervals.
- Don’t use the equipment if the defect identified by the inspecting team hasn’t been rectified.
- Equipment must be accompanied by certain certifications or tests to prove their authenticity.
- The supplier should be having certifications from the relevant authorities to deal in the selling of lifting equipment.
Dutest is considered one of the most substantial and reliable lifting equipment companies in UAE, we deal in providing certified lifting equipment with repair and inspection services to our customers.Tags: Lifting Equipment Companies in UAE
Categorised in: Lifting Equipment
This post was written by Dutest